Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Huaraches

Homemade Huaraches.
Dan's Homemade Huaraches
I took my brand new home made huaraches out for their first test run yesterday. I did about three miles on Drexel University's indoor track.

A few first, quick impressions...

For the most part, they felt great. Not quite the same as barefoot running, but closer to barefoot running than Vibrams. Very liberating! And a lot of fun.

I haven't yet found the best tying method, and it does feel weird running with a cord between your toes. I'm going to be patient for the time being, and allow for a learning curve. The real test will be taking them outside for some longer runs.

I'll continue to report on my experiences. In the meantime, if you want to learn more, I purchased my kit from InvisibleShoe.com. The website provide a lot of great tutorials --  not just on huaraches, but on barefoot running techniques as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment