Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Forsythia, for Crying Out Loud

Forsythia, the front porch, Blue Bell Hill.
Sunday's run, a fun six miles through the hills of Manayunk in my huaraches. Spring has definitely settled in. The first blooms of the season -- forsythia, daffodils, celandine -- all painted the same exuberant shade of yellow. I wonder why.

The Broad Street Run is less than four weeks away. I'm ready in the sense that I will be able to finish. I'm not ready in the sense that I am not in shape enough to turn in a decent time. Oh well.

As I've already reported here, I have not been training enough -- blame it on the weather, blame it on my health. Blame it most of all on laziness and lack of preparation. What I have learned over the years, and still forget from time to time, is that I work best with a pre-determined program. More on that in a later post.

It's all good. I'll get through the Broad Street Run. I've got time to really work on my performance for the Double Creek.  And I have decided to follow this "programme" from the Dublin Marathon website (PDF file) to get me ready for the big event.

It's hard to be anything less than hopeful this time of year.

1 comment:

  1. At least you're still running. That's a good thing! What type of huaraches do you have? And do you like them? I'm constantly on the lookout!
    And really, that picture is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete